Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Isaiah 14

Housegroup tonight and we continue our study on Angels looking at Isaiah 14. Any Bible scholars out there will know that Isaiah 14:12-15 is a passage that many people believe refers to the devil being kicked out of heaven. I most confess until last night I too thought this. However, after looking at some on-line commentaries on Isaiah 14 it appears I may be wrong! It would appear that if you study the context of the passage and the translation of certain Hebrew words Isaiah 14:12-15 may actually be refering to the king of Babylon and not the devil.

One of our local clergy has sent me an essay he did on this passage in which he concludes too that Isaiah is refering to the king of Babylon. I shall have to study this matter for myself!

This hopefully will teach me to study carefully what the Scriptures say and not just to assume things without checking them out first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page