Monday, October 31, 2005

Whom shall I fear?

In Psalm 27:1, David says

"The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?"

Throughout his life David found himself in many dangerous and potentially fearful situations. Yet in this Psalm he puts his fear into perspective. David concentrates his thoughts on God and the fact that the Lord is the light, salvation and stronghold of his life. Once he does this he is able to boldly proclaim the question "whom shall I fear?" and "of whom shall I be afraid." The answer is no-one! David is seeing things from God's prospective and is therefore able to face all things confident in God's strength.

The key thing is to concentrate on God and not the fear! This puts the fear into its right place - beneath the feet of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page