Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I am helped

In Psalm 28 David says,

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

The Psalms that David wrote are very real, he expresses his fears, worries, joys and longings in them. What has struck me in particular about this one is the phrase, "my heart trusts in him, and I am helped." All of us whoever we are face problems in life. It does not matter whether we are rich or poor, black or white, Christian or not a Christian, we all face problems. Some of these may be big, some may be small. David showed us a good strategy for dealing with these problems. His heart trusted in God and he was helped. If we can focus on God and his goodness and trust in him with our hearts we will be helped. That does not mean we will not face problems or difficulties. In fact Jesus said in John 16 we would face trials in the world.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Lets endeavour with God's grace to focus our hearts on him and be helped.

1 Comments:

Blogger cybeRanger said...

Awesome post.. keep it up.
Rejoice in the Lord, always.

1:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page